Activities are led by an appropriately qualified and experienced team. All instructors are experienced in managing groups both in the field and in the classroom; they are qualified in first aid and are checked by the DBS.
Risk assessments for all activities are available on request and our health and safety policy statement is available on request.
Your school or organisation must provide adequate insurance cover for the visit. Aztec (Lower Moor) has public liability insurance with Arthur J Gallagher Heath; limit of indemnity £5 million.
Group leaders should check in advance with members of their group and indicate on the booking form if anyone suffers from illnesses, injuries, disabilities, allergies or any other special needs that may affect their participation in and enjoyment of the activities. It is important that we receive this information in advance so we can ensure that all participants have a safe, worthwhile and enjoyable experience.
Visiting teachers and group leaders are responsible for the behaviour and discipline of their pupils and should remain with and supervise the group at all times. The teacher or leader in charge should ensure that all adult helpers are aware of their roles.
Please pass on the following to all your adult helpers to ensure that all visitors enjoy their day:
- Remain with and supervise the group at all times including during lunch.
- You are responsible for your pupils' behaviour and should ensure pupils behave appropriately throughout the activities.
- Ensure that medication, including asthma inhalers and epipens are with the children or the right group instructor at all times.
- Ensure your group members show courtesy to members of the public around you.
- Check for litter after your group has had lunch and take your litter home.
To talk to a member of our Aztec (Lower Moor) team please call 01386 860013.
Or e-mail email@example.com